Re: Antifouling for the Mediterranean

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi David;

We applied 3 coats of micron 350 last year in Malta. The boat has been in the water since and the result is fine so far. We had used micron 66, when it was available , and it worked fine for 3 years in the Med.  micron does recommend 3 coats if you intend to go a full 2 years or
More.

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

On Sep 30, 2019, at 9:04 AM, David Crisp via Groups.Io <david@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just acquired an Amel 54 (#58) and having her hauled and anti-fouled.  I  am going to remain in the Mediterranean and some advice would be valued.
The yard is offering International Unipro or for an extra €210 per coat International 350. A number of questions:-

(1)  One or two anti-fouling coats?
(2)  If two coats is it likely to last two years?  (2 years would fit well with the changing the propshaft bushing/seals and bow thruster maintenance}
(2)  Is International 350 worth the extra money?

Best
David Crisp, SY Wilna Grace