From: "smiles bernard via Groups.Io" <smilesbernard@...>
Date: 9/30/19 10:43 PM (GMT+02:00)
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Cabin sole revarnish

Hello fellow Amelians
After over a year of solid family use my floors  are due a revarnish
I’ve found a great product for stripping the old varnish. Completely odourless and non toxic which is great for confined working spaces and works great. (Safe for grp too and can be used for antifould strip )

I’m still trying to figure out what to put on next and the process.

My floorboards are a little stained so was planning a light rub down with 240 grit. Perhaps a team cleaner too?
Then revarnish. I’m only interested in single part options tbh so it would seem the main choices are:
- spar varnish for rapid build up followed by a harder wearing top layer or two such as epifanes rubbed effect
- polyurethane like that used in bowling alleys ie non marine specific but hard wearing
- an oil based option. I think sikens have a few options but I’m not sure it that’s at all suitable for interior

Thoughts and expectations much appreciated

I’m leaning towards polyurethane but my only concern is how to ever remove it. I’m not keen on leaving the next keeper of sea Love a pig of a job when it comes to the next  cabin sole refurbishment

All the very best
Miles
Sea Love #162