Re: Gearbox for outhaulAmel

Paul Brown

Dear Bill,

My out haul line is very very tight (bar tight)do you know if this is acceptable?

Kind regards Paul - Fortuna II 55/17

On 2 Oct 2019, at 2:17 pm, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

The outhaul line should be tight with no deflection in the line.

I believe the reason that loosening it helped reduce the amps was because the bearings need replacing...reducing side pressure to the axel of a failing bearing will usually allow the easing of the binding pressure.

A loose outhaul line will allow some slippage through the gearbox line tender sheave on most Amels, although I have yet to see this happen on a 55, which has a different sheave than a SM or 54.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019, 3:07 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Thanks Joerg

On 2 Oct 2019, at 10:02 am, Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313@...> wrote:

Loosen the spectra lines that attach the line to the car