Re: Dyneema loop

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Thomas;

We managed to take the blocks apart. It does take some patience and work since the years of salt and dust have the parts fused together fairly well.

Once apart the new loops fit right in. Take your time and you will get them apart.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

On Oct 2, 2019, at 9:12 PM, Sv Garulfo via Groups.Io <svgarulfo@...> wrote:

Hi Mohammad,

I always wondered how one would fit those loops on the blocks if they are already closed? Some blocks look like they can be taken apart (and yet it would still be a tight fit), and others not so.

Any hindsight?

Best,
Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Rangiroa, French Polynesia

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 at 20:38, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:
Hi Barry;

Glad to hear your hail out went as planned. On Kokomo, all blocks are attached to booms and masts with soft shackles. Attached please find a picture of one of them that we later replaced. We have 2 different lengths and about 7 total (not sure of the exact count because we are currently in the Montenegrin Mountains and not on board to give you an exact count).

Can you send me a list of your contacts and good contractors in Monastir? We may haul out in Tunisia in about a couple of years.

<image1.jpeg>

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54#099

On Jul 25, 2019, at 7:27 AM, Barry Connor via Groups.Io <connor_barry@...> wrote:

Hi Mohammad,

Hope your sailing is going well, we are now in Sardinia. Stopping at Antibes (Dessalator), Hyeres (Amel parts) soon. Had a very successful haul out in Monastir,  cleaned and checked the 2 year old copper coat job we did there and it is doing exactly as it should. Changed the C-drive seals and finally fitted the new rope cutter that I got from Alexandre.
I do not have any Dyneema loops on any of my rigging. Can you send me a photo of where you use these?  Would be great if these can replace all my metal shackles.

Best regards

Barry and Penny
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54. #17
Sardinia

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 10:40:14 PM GMT+1, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Wolfgang;

We just ordered about 7 of the loops from Amel.

Great quality dyneema with cover and perfect fit. I think it’s a good idea to help Amel when we can also. Happy with the purchase and quick shipment.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

On Jul 24, 2019, at 10:38 AM, Wolfgang Weber via Groups.Io <webercardio@...> wrote:

Hello to the group,
I would like to renew the dyneema loops of the rigg.Before order at Amel, I would ask for any recommendations.
Our Amel is from 2011 , 20.000 sm.
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162 (Annapolis) back on boat 2nd of August