Re: Gearbox for outhaulAmel

Paul Brown

Thanks Thomas

On 3 Oct 2019, at 2:48 am, Sv Garulfo <svgarulfo@...> wrote:

Paul,
You may want to check the block at the end of the boom too, mine and others’ were a bit seized. We cleaned it up and also ordered a replacement from Amel, as it seems to be specially adapted from the stock items.

Best,
Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Rangiroa, French Polynesia

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 at 06:20, Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Thank you Olivier, I will slacken off a little.

I was wondering if this was causing my slow blow boom fuse to open earlier than it should, as it seems to open often

Regards Paul

On 2 Oct 2019, at 6:13 pm, Beaute Olivier via Groups.Io <atlanticyachtsurvey@...> wrote:

Hello Paul,

originally, this line is rather tight, indeed as Bill says, in order to prevent slipage. But with time, UV and salt, this Vectran-core line tends to shrink and gets tighter and tighter which puts more load than necessary on the motor itself. You should loosen a bit the small line tackle at one end of the traveller's line.

Olivier