Re: 12V supply near 24V panel on Amel 54

Gary Wells

I had to run some 12v wiring on my SM.  It's not difficult but will require a bit of patience and a good work light :).
I would definitely recommend that you tap  power from a converter and not from the starter battery.
At least in my experience it was a frustrating chase to find a current leak in the starter circuit due to an accessory failure that the previous owner had installed.  A dead starter battery is not a high problem, but it is a nuisance.
 At any rate, I would keep the starter circuit dedicated  and isolated to the one task.
Just my €0.018275 (current exchange rate notwithstanding) worth :
Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Annapolis, MD