Re: 12V supply near 24V panel on Amel 54

Matt Salatino

Good idea!

On Oct 3, 2019, at 12:11 PM, Mark Pitt <mark_pitt@...> wrote:

I often hang a light-sensitive David Megalight 6 feet above the cockpit while at anchor.  I provide the 12 volts required with this item from Amazon:

"24V to 12V Step Down Converter,60W 5A BUENNUS 24V DC to DC 12V Power Transformer Turn 24V Trucks Cigarette Lighter Male Plug to 12V Female Socket Adapter for 12V" ($25.99)

This step down converter has a 24V male cigarette lighter (banana) plug an one end and a 12 volt female cigarette lighter plug at the other.  You can cut off the male end and replace it with an Italian 3-pin Type L plug so it fits into the fan outlets and the outlets at the nav station and adjacent to the companionway stairs.  I just use a Italian 3-pin to cigarette lighter pig tail that I made up.  With this I can use 12 volt accessories anywhere in the boat where there is a 24 volt outlet.

Mark Pitt
"Sabbatical III" SM419, Wickford, Rhode Island