Companionway screen

Mark Pitt

The problem with inserting an insect screen into the vertical companionway slider is that the solid dodger impedes insertion and removal of a hull height screen.  I recently ordered and received a custom screen that has sufficient flex that it easily bends backwards to clear the dodger. The frame is made from "spring steel."  I ordered it from https://flexscreen.us/.  You need to send them your measurements (up to the 1/16th of an inch).  In my SM, the companionway is a bit narrower at the bottom than at the top.  So make an allowance for that.  The track for the slider is sufficiently deep that the screen still fits snugly. The screen is easy to remove from inside or outside the boat.  Its not cheap ($75) but a second screen is 20% off.

Mark Pitt
"Sabbatical III", SM419, Wickford, Rhode Island, USA