Re: 12V supply near 24V panel on Amel 54

Mark Pitt

The cleanest way to make up a pig tail for the 24 volt outlets is to buy a molded Italian Type L wire and cut off one end.  The last one I made up used this from ebay:

DELL 6FT 3-PRONG TYPE L 10A 220V ITALY CHILE AC POWER ADAPTER CORD CABLE 23322

that costs only $5.39 including shipping.  It cheaper than a Btinico Italian Type L plug and because the plug is molded to the wire, there is no issue with moisture.  The cigarette lighter plugs are easy to find everywhere,  I have purchased 12 volt extensions and cut off the male plug ends so both ends of the pig tail are molded and weatherproof.

Mark Pit
"Sabbatical III" SM419, Wickford, Rhode Island