Re: 12V supply near 24V panel on Amel 54

I really like the Victron Energy Orion-Tr 24DC-12DC 20 Amp Converter (Isolated). It can be programmed as a simple 24-12 volt converter, or can even be used as a charger for the 12V starting battery. Even in the Isolated version, these are less than $100.

Bill
--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 1:22 PM SY STELLA <stella@...> wrote:
Hi Thomas,
Since your current requirement is negligible you could steal 12V from one of the 12V instruments, but that is a really messy solution in my opinion.

Like others, I installed a 24/12 DCDC Converter module in that cupboard and used it to power 12V outlets.  I used the Victron Orion TR 24-12-5 (60W) module. This is non-isolated, but that’s probably not an issue for your requirement.

Dean
SY Stella
A54-154