Re: How to disassemble Nirvana Furling Swivel?

svcharisma

The swivel on my 1986 Mango with power furling is similar, thought not exactly the same.  There are several seals and bearings in the assembly.  I was able to replace all of the parts with the numbers that were still visible.  The bearings were pretty much dust.  After removing the seals, I had to take the unit to a machine shop to press it apart.  When I reassembled with new parts, it was too stiff.  I still haven't sorted this out, but I think lots of silicone grease is needed.

I would love to hear more experiences with these older swivels.  They are not the same as the SM swivels.

Alan
s/v Charisma
Mango #62