Re: Winter cockpit room on 54

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Nick, we have a full cockpit enclosure with side and back curtains that roll up. Would be without it. We get the use of the full cockpit in any weather. No problem at sea. A must have in my opinion. If you look around you will see a lot of SM with these and some with better features than others so look around before you do it

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 06 October 2019 at 23:09 "ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io" <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

Hello fellow Amel owners,

On Amelia I have the curtain that zips to the aft end of the spray hood that keeps the front half of the cockpit dry. It works very well and allows easy access to the winches and to look at the sails whilst actually sailing. The watch keeper is also kept dry even when running downwind.

Please see the attached photo.

I am considering getting the whole winter cockpit room made, obviously this would be great whilst in port or at anchor. My question is; how well does it work when actually sailing?

Nick

Amelia AML54-019 still in Kefalonia