Re: Winter cockpit room on 54

Dean Gillies

Nick,
Another +1 in favour of the winter tent. Ours is the original version which came to us when we bought Stella. We had not used it before this year.

We fitted it in April for a transit from Greece to Scotland. It was very much appreciated.
No sheeting problems caused for us at any point of sail.

The one problem area is that the original design leaks rainwater around the mizzenmast. We’ll be sailing in higher latitudes again next year so have commissioned a modification to address that problem.

If you decide to have one designed, pay close attention to the mizzenmast penetration.

Dean
SY Stella
A54-154