Re: Converting my Amel 54 to lithium batteries: what I did, what I like and what I don't like (after one year of full time live aboard use)

Scott SV Tengah

Thomas,

Do your ML7720B disconnects completely disconnect the battery? I would like to simply disconnect the loads,  but allow the charging circuits to remain intact as our Victron VE.BMS has separate triggers to cutoff charging (overvoltage or over temperature) and load (under voltage).

I talked to Victron about using three BP220 load disconnects, one for each battery, but two problems arose: (1) the BP220 is not bidirectional with respect to current and (2) I don't want to disconnect the battery, just the load.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69