Re: A54 fridge circulation pump

Scott SV Tengah

Arno,

I misspoke. I meant the UP-2P. That one just runs full speed when there is current applied to it. No need to have the pump build and regulate pressure, which is what the UP-2A does.

In any event, the electrical draws are the same.

What I do is what Frigoboat does with the Flojet pumps. They sell you the 24v Flojet 4105-343 pump and have you run it at 12v. I take the 24v UP-2P pump and run it at 12v. That makes them run slower, draw less current and last longer.

If I was in your position with SW cooled fridges, I would try the March pump. I wonder what happens if you're a rough seaway and get some air in the system though. Would the March be able to overcome that air bubble and reprime? I don't know the answer to that.

The Frigoboat W50F that I have on my 54 requires a gallon a minute, so a little under 4L.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69