Re: Eno oven flows gas WITHOUT flame

tony wells

Hi Scott

I’m not on the boat and can’t answer your question, sorry, but I am surprised that the A54 is not fitted with a gas alarm/detector under the oven, which should switch off the gas solenoid in the event of detecting gas ie in the precarious scenario experienced by you! I would like to fit an alarm/detector with this functionality - can anyone comment / recommend a model please?

Thanks

Tony
A54 #102 Malta

On 8 Oct 2019, at 14:53, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Our Eno oven will flow gas even if there is no flame. My understanding is that the thermocouple is supposed to be stop the flow of gas if there is no flame AND FAILS CLOSED. Is this correct?

Our situation is the opposite. If someone aboard forgets to turn off the oven gas flow completely or if the flame dies, the oven continues to flow gas. This is obviously dangerous.

We had some issues with the oven and had it serviced prior but the boatyard is not being responsive now. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Given the downside if I screw up, I'm hoping to get some advice before digging in and playing with it. We have the standard oven on a A54, so I think it's the same as the SM.

Thanks!

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69