Re: Eno oven flows gas WITHOUT flame

Thomas Kleman

Sounds like you have both a technical prob with oven but also a process issue. If someone didn't completely shut the oven off, they should have also closed the gas off with the solenoid. On our boat we have a propane detector which we regularly test. We also test the solenoid. As this is my greatest fear (propane leak) I also physically go to propane locker and shut off gas at the valve. I know that's overkill. It takes me under 60 seconds, and I sleep better.

But bottom line I would never rely on the thermocoupling alone to prevent your under galley spaces from filling up with gas.

Thomas Kleman
SV L'ORIENT
SM2K 422