Re: A54 fridge circulation pump

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hi guys,

Here is what we used:

I did reuse the flowjet pump and replaced the motor by a brushless scooter motor. These motors are very strong and got no wear parts except the ballbearings for less then 2 euros.
I mounted the motor on an L shaped 6mm aluminium and the pump from the oposite side.
The D shaped 8mm shaft is the same like the original flowjet shaft.
The motor is driven by 60% speed and works flawless while over sized. It takes less ten 1A at 24 V pushing 10 liter per min.
The motor does not get warm at all = no wasted energy, as before.
It would be possible to controll the wateroutput according to raw water temperature. I did not use this feature jet.

To drive a brushless motor, it needs a speedcontroller. I used the VESC for it, also way oversizedwhile capable to controll high currents.
We connect the 24v batterie directly to the VESC. No more using step down to 12 V wasting more energy.

The motor/pump speed is open to be controlled from 0 to 100%

€ 50,91 | ESK8 6368 BLDC outrunner bürstenlosen motor 190KV 280KV sensored sensorlose 22-48 V für elektrische balancing roller e- skateboard
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/2Yrn2Uz6

D-shaped shaft 190 kv, shaft has 8mm diameter, sensored.

€ 55,36 36%OFF | FSESC 4,12 50A Basierend auf VESC 4,12 Elektro Speed Controller für Skateboard/E-roller Zubehör Flipsky
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/rkgt1kV2

We use it now without any failing pump anymore.

Oliver from
VELANAUTICA.ORG
AMEL 54#39

PORTUGAL

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

From: Scott SV Tengah
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
CC:

Oliver,

Could you tell us more about upgrading/replacing the freezer insulation? I assume you mean the one under the settee?

Did you scrape off all the old insulation and replace? What model vacuum boards did you use? I, too, notice that my freezer compressor is running 24h.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69