Re: How to disassemble Nirvana Furling Swivel?

Tom,

I am not 100% sure, but I believe the swivel balls, which encircle the swivel internally also hold the swivel halves together. Inside the top or bottom of the swivel you will find a plug of some sort, which when removed, you can remove the balls and separate the halves.

Please let me know if this helps.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 2:45 PM Tom Whitehill <whitehillrei@...> wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and am excited to be part of the community.
Current Challenge: The Nirvana Mizzen manual furler Swivel on our 1984 Amel Sharki was frozen when we bought her.
I've extracted the swivel from the mast and am now looking for advice/guidance on how to disassemble it so that I can replace bearings, etc.
I've attached some pics of the Swivel for your reference.
Your ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Tom