Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow locker seals

karkauai

I got the seals from Maud at Amel France.  They are half-round with a stiff bottom and what I think is neoprene rounded top.  The top is very soft and appears to be exactly the same as the originals.  The attached pics show the old (on the left) and new seals, the adhesive strips, and how Amel cut a small “V” at the site where the hinge bolt/washer/nut come close to the seal.  It is difficult to make the corners exact, I chose to add silicone caulk inside the corners and at the sites where the wedge was cut out to make room for the bolt.

Hardest part is reinstalling as it requires working on both sides of the hatch to tighten the hinge bolts.  Made easier by replacing the slot head bolts with Phillips heads.  Would be much easier with two people.

I will report again in a month or two to let you know how well it worked.