Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow locker seals

Stephen Davis

Thanks for the info Kent. Yep...still in Hawaii until June next year, and will sail away then.

Steve

On Oct 9, 2019, at 10:43, karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,
I paid 8.70€/M plus shipping. I’m not sure she has enough to do another boat.  She couldn’t tell me anything about it when I was placing my order.  Said she had Some of several different profiles that had been used over the years, and sent me the one she did based on my description and pic of my original.  It sounded like that may be the last of what she has.  It is a stock design that should be available considerable cheaper where ever you are (Hawaii?)

Malama mai ka’i nui loa lawe, ko’u ho’aloha.

A hui hou.
Kent
Kristy
SM 243

On Oct 9, 2019, at 3:45 PM, Stephen Davis <flyboyscd@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

What is Amel charging per meter for the material?

Thanks,

Steve
Aloha SM 72
Hawaii

On Oct 9, 2019, at 09:39, karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai@...> wrote:

I got the seals from Maud at Amel France.  They are half-round with a stiff bottom and what I think is neoprene rounded top.  The top is very soft and appears to be exactly the same as the originals.  The attached pics show the old (on the left) and new seals, the adhesive strips, and how Amel cut a small “V” at the site where the hinge bolt/washer/nut come close to the seal.  It is difficult to make the corners exact, I chose to add silicone caulk inside the corners and at the sites where the wedge was cut out to make room for the bolt.

Hardest part is reinstalling as it requires working on both sides of the hatch to tighten the hinge bolts.  Made easier by replacing the slot head bolts with Phillips heads.  Would be much easier with two people.

I will report again in a month or two to let you know how well it worked.

<351FA7CE-99C3-4082-956D-3396F2DE8A66.jpeg><A646EDF3-48E5-4C56-980C-CC4BA3A297FB.jpeg><70851A93-5550-45FD-A38A-6AC4660B65A1.jpeg>