Re: Twisted chain - Amel 54

Eamonn Washington

Edited

Hi

In 5 years I never had twisted chain issues, with 80m galvanised chain, anchoring about 120 times a year in the past 3 years.

I personally installed a spade anchor, with a bow shackle to 3 links of chain, then a kong swivel, then my 80m chain.  (The 3 links of chain avoid the swivel ever having a lateral load which would exceed its capabilities.)

Regarding the stainless steel jumping on the gypsy, I believe stainless steel stretches or elongates and some links don’t fit so well on the gypsy any more.

Eamonn Washington
Travel Bug
Super Maramu #151
Currently in Denia, Spain.