From: Gregory Shea <gmshea@...>
Date: 10/11/19 2:16 AM (GMT+02:00)
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Twisted chain - Amel 54

FWIW I never had a chain twist problem until I tried the arrangement described by Eamonn. With 10mm galvanised chain, three chain links followed by the kong swivel I immediately had twist problems and the chain wanted to jump off the gypsy. I put the kong swivel back on the (Mantus) anchor shank and the twist went away. My experience made me wonder if the kong swivel is only effective if one half is held rigid by the shank. It also made me consider switching to a Mantus swivel to avoid side loading the kong.
Did someone say that that anchors and anchoring are a black art?

Greg Shea
Sharki 133 Cap des iles
Preveza