Re: Autopilot

Alex,

The steering cables and the steering rack connected to the helm are made by Ultraflex in Genoa, Italy (http://ultraflex.ultraflexgroup.com). According to SAV at Amel, the manufacturer suddenly and without notice stopped making these parts. SAV says that they are currently working on a possible solution. You should contact SAV at Amel (SAV at Amel.fr) and let them know that you are interested in a solution. The instructions for replacement are in the newest printing of my Amel Book.

The following is verified for a SM, and probably the same for a 54, but I am not sure about that. Ask SAV.
Steering cables: M61 FT25 498
Rack: T58 Reference 33014R
Rack End Caps (need 2) (no number)

The US Distributor is:
UFLEX USA
6442 Parkland Drive
Sarasota, Florida 34243 - USA
+1 (941) 351 2628
sales at uflexusa.com
I am currently in communication with the US distributor and with SAV.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 9:01 AM Alexander Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...> wrote:
thanks everybody for the input.
Yes, I have a Raymarine Autopilot as suggested by Bill (btw, it so far always worked perfect). The dust you see on the pic is located beneath the bed in the aft cabin (no electrical motors nearby). I'm just a little bit confused as you are talking about "cables", I see a metal stick coming out of that black unit. The dust seems to come out of that black unit. I see absolutely no oil anywhere. So bottom line, I sure will have this repaired sooner than later.
Does anyone know how I find the exact replacement unit?
Thanks, Alex

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.