Re: Standing rigging on 54

Peter Forbes

Bill and Mohammad,

Thank you both very much - good data - we will probably re-rig in Autumn 2020 in La Rochelle. And paint touch up the spars at the same time. I also would like to replace the [rubber] impact ‘pad’ under the masts. Is there anything else one should do at that point?

Peter

Peter Forbes
Carango Amel 54 035
La Rochelle
00447836 209730
07836 209730

On 10 Oct 2019, at 17:50, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

In Jan 2019, complete 54 ACMO kit 9990.0€ not including freight or VAT. Weight 141.7kg.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 11:27 AM Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Peter;

The 6 shrouds for the main ran right about 5,000 Euros with tax and without shipping. The labor will run at or about 1,000 euros or less, if Nicky does it for you. He is a really fast and knowledgeable rigger. If you have other issues on your rig, like anemometer or lighting issues, he can take care of it all. You would have to pay his flight cost to wherever you are.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Forbes via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:20 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Standing rigging on 54

Hi Mohammad,

Can you give me a round number price indication for ACMO kit and install labour?

I’m thinking of doing same next winter.

Peter Forbes

Carango Amel 54 #035

La Rochelle

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 16:16, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Nick;

Amel has already worked out the pin size issues you are addressing. We had the same concerns, but after talking to ACMO, found out they have simply gone to a stronger material for the pins and kept the pin sizes the same as existing. You will receive everything required to make the change from ACMO. No changes to the boat are required in any way.

We just replaced all shrouds at the main with zero issues.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:09 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Standing rigging on 54

Nick,

ACMO will ship you what you need...they know what you need and have been doing this for a while. 

Regarding your question about substitutes of wire, etc., That needs to be answered by the 54's designer, Amel. I am sure their advice is to use the ACMO solution, since they worked out this solution with ACMO.

Hopefully, you are aware that the two intermediate shrouds also changed since the 54s introduction to 10mm, rather than 8mm.

--

CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 11:26 PM ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Further to the news that the Amel 54 should have 12mm aft lowers not 10mm and that the intermediates should be beefed up from 8mm to 10mm. I am now seriously working this out.
On the face of it I can order the replacement wire and fittings from ACMO in France and have it a week later. What worries me is that the pin sizes will increase (I guess)
This should be no problem at the bottom where there is a massive chainplate that I could drill out to accept the bigger pins but at the top at the spreader bases it will be tricky.
Has anyone been there and done this project?
What about sticking to 8mm and 10 mm but upgrading the wire quality to say Dyform? Dyform offers about 30% more strength than standard 1x19?
Any experts out there?
Nick
S/Y Amelia AML54-019
Anchored in Kefalonia enjoying easy living after 2000 mile voyage from Canary Islands.

--

Best wishes

Peter Forbes

+44 (0) 7836 209730

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.