Re: New Genoa sail for Amel 54

Paul Brown

Hi Barry, I had a long discussion with one of the main sail designers of Incendence sails at the Cannes boat show, I expect they can arrange a great replacement as they have been installing sails to Amel for years, the sails on Fortuna are great and so strong they should last for many years. I believe they have all specs required for your 54 by hull number

Perhaps you will then sail as fast as a 55 :-)

Worth the conversion

Regards Paul - Fortuna II 55/17

On 13 Oct 2019, at 12:14 pm, Barry Connor via Groups.Io <connor_barry@...> wrote:

Hi Bill Rouse from Barry Connor Amel 54. #17

I have decided to replace my Genoa before I cross the Atlantic.

I think that you recommend and have a good contact with Q sails in Turkey. The original Amel supplied Genoa has been very hardy and worked well.
I don't want to buy a less quality sail. I think that the original Genoa sail supplied by Amel was called Hydra-net?

Can you advise the best sail for cruising? We will be doing our circumnavigation for the next 5 years.

Best Regards

Barry and Penny
"S/V Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54. #17