Re: New Genoa sail for Amel 54

Barry,

They have shipped sails to over 40 Amel owners located at all points around the world. QSails is run by the 2nd generation of the Oge family, Emrah Oge <emrahoge at qsails.com>. I toured their 60,000 square foot loft in Izmir, Turkey and met all of the family and some of the workers. We designed 3 qualities of QSails for A54s including German-made HydraNet. Emrah supports the Amel Yacht Owners Group and has a advertisement on the group's WiKi page at https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/wiki/home. Email or call Emrah and ask him about the HydraNet Genoa that Bill Rouse recommends for your 54. Note: I do not own any part of QSails and receive zero from QSails. I also purchased a full set of HydraNet sails for our SM from QSails.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 5:14 AM Barry Connor via Groups.Io <connor_barry=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bill Rouse from Barry Connor Amel 54. #17

I have decided to replace my Genoa before I cross the Atlantic.

I think that you recommend and have a good contact with Q sails in Turkey. The original Amel supplied Genoa has been very hardy and worked well.
I don't want to buy a less quality sail. I think that the original Genoa sail supplied by Amel was called Hydra-net?

Can you advise the best sail for cruising? We will be doing our circumnavigation for the next 5 years.

Best Regards

Barry and Penny
"S/V Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54. #17