Re: Companion way for removal

Ian,

I read that the product you used has a paper backing. Was this removed for installation?
What did you use for glue or cement?
Were you able to get the new veneer between the door and the outside trim?

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 2:09 AM Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:
We used this veneer, ordered through Amazon.

On Oct 14, 2019, at 2:30 AM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi,

To apply laminate contact cement is used. Please remember to let both  surfaces dry before joining the laminate to the door,

When the two touch they cannot be separated, be careful.. I chose Formica brand laminate only because it looks closest to teak here in the USA. Just pick the one that you like, they are all basically the same. Just be sure to get the thicker variety of the laminate. Although the look is identical they often come in a very thin and a thicker style.

Fair Winds

Eric

sm