Re: Outhaul

Paul,

Normally it is the Spur Gear that wears out.
image.png

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 11:02 AM Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:
I have a few questions about the Outhaul
1. How do I secure that I got a water tight connection between the Electric motor and the gear box? see picture there is no gasket
2. What shall I use to "lubricate" the shaft with to avoid it get stuck again? Of course I will loosen it on a regular basis for "lubrication"
3. Anyone know where I can buy a new Leroy Somer worm gear see picture . Amel ask 730 € plus VAT and freight that will exceed 1000 € not reasonable

Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 Wintering in Lagos, Portugal