Re: Outhaul

Paul, I understand. However, if there were a source for the worm & spur gear, the gearbox could certainly be rebuilt. Amel previously stocked the Bronze Spur gear. They either made a decision to stop stocking it, or it became unavailable. I always thought that it was problematic for Amel to sell the bronze spur gear, because possibly the harder worm gear could also damaged. This would cause owners to be unhappy with the purchase of one, then having to purchase a second.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 11:33 AM Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:
Bill!
Sorry for my lack of knowledge I thought the whole gear box was called a worm gear, anyhow I would like to have a whole gear box as a spare, not only the Spur gear
Paul