Re: New Genoa sail for Amel 54

Ian Townsend

Make sure that Incidences cuts your mainsail to the proper size. The previous owner commissioned from Incidences and the "P" dimension (luff) was 45 cm too short. As a result the "E" (foot) was also incorrect.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
US East Coast

On Oct 14, 2019, at 6:59 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

I truly believe that a foam luff is needed on an Amel furling foresail, especially if you ever plan to reef the sail.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:
I'm in the process of ordering sails most likely Radial Hydranet from Incidences. One concern I have they do not do Foam luff, they claim it's no good. Now my questions to you who have incidences genoas, Do you have foam luff? if not, does it furl/reef well?
Paul SY Kerpa SM#259 wintering in Lagos