Re: Companion way for removal

eric freedman

Hi FF,

Kimberlite has been underwater during our time in a hurricane for 36 hours. Nothing but the masts sticking up out of the water. I think we stopped counting at 20. The laminate is still strongly in place with no problems with the companionway.

I believe the laminate is at least 9 years old.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of scentstone
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 11:45 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Companion way for removal

Thank you Eric for the first extensive tutorial, 
Thank you Ian for the alternative product
Thank you Bill for the very insightful questions.

Even if there was some previous threads about this subject in the forum, we all need to clarify the most secure way to replace the veneer using a wood product and placing it also under the external guides because, in some rough conditions, if the job isn't made in using a single sheet properly glued, it can drive to a blocked companionway after sometime in bad weather which is highly undesirable…
Ian, may be have you some images and a more detailed process and we can start here to make a detailed how-to. 
If we succeed, I'll update my external veener and post here also the details and images.
Kind regards
FF

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.