Re: Companion way for removal

Craig Briggs SN 68 Sangaris

Hi Kent,
We put in Plexiglas years ago. It's absolutely fantastic for brightening the cabin (you may recall seeing it). For privacy in a marina at night we have a simple finished piece of upholstery material that hangs by loops on the hatch knobs.
Removed the seal and the small gap (~1/16") left is never an issue - what little water enters when washing the cockpit or driving rain simply drains out as designed. (Haven't played submarine in a hurricane like Eric, though, but I'm confident it would not be an issue.) Removed the dodger to install it.
Cheers, Craig