Re: Companion way for removal

Craig Briggs

Hi Kent,
We put in Plexiglas years ago. It's absolutely fantastic for brightening the cabin (you may recall seeing it). For privacy in a marina at night we have a simple finished piece of upholstery material that hangs by loops on the hatch knobs.
Removed the seal and the small gap (~1/16") left is never an issue - what little water enters when washing the cockpit or driving rain simply drains out as designed. (Haven't played submarine in a hurricane like Eric, though, but I'm confident it would not be an issue.) Removed the dodger to install it.
Cheers, Craig