Re: New Genoa sail for Amel 54 and SM

Paul Brown

I will be asking the question to the designers of the incidence sails installed on the Post 2011 Amel’s if any were installed with a foam luff or why foam luffs were not installed on the Genoa

Regards, Paul... Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Oct 2019, at 23:44, Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

A foam luff is not relevant to sail construction. It’s relevant to how a sail rolls up on the furler. It’s required if you want to optimize performance while partially furled (reefed)....

On Oct 15, 2019, at 8:17 AM, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Thank you all for advice on foam luff, but I have still not heard any comments from the one who have incidence genoa and it must be many out there who have them, does it have foam luff or not? if not how does it perform? I would be very grateful for your feed back, I added SM in the head line to maybe attract a few more members to respond
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259