Onan MDKD 6.5kW genset exhaust elbow

Karen Smith

Does anyone have an exhaust elbow for an Onan 6.5kW MDKD generator exhaust elbow?  Onan considers it an "obsolete part" and the price they want for it is mind-numbing... This is for the older, smaller 6.5kW generator installed on the older SM.

We would even be interested in an old one that leaks or is otherwise not serviceable since we have identified a supplier who can craft a new one for a reasonable price from from any elbow that is complete enough for them to get dimensions from. Right now ours works, but is patched with JB Weld, and we can't afford to send it off and be without a generator for the 6 to 12 weeks it takes for a new one to be crafted.

If you have a new one in your spare parts bin, we'll buy it from you and replace it with a nice pretty new stainless one as soon as we can get it made!

Karen Smith
Harmonie, SM160
Annapolis, MD.