Re: Back up tablet navigation aid

Matt Salatino

INavX is quite good.
It’s just missing Active Captain inputs, which would make it perfect!

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Oct 19, 2019, at 8:54 AM, Laurie McCall <laurie.mcreid@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,

John and I attended the Navigation Apps seminar at the Annapolis Boat Show last week.

The speaker’s (a former US Coast Guard captain) top recommendation was iNavX. He based this on accuracy, integration with other navigation software (including Navionics) and (as I recall) weather software, as well as all around versatility.

I’ve included the link here:

I took notes and would be pleased to provide them if you’re interested, ASSUMING, that I can still find them in my collection of “show stuff” and can read my back-of-the-envelope chicken scratch!

Laurie

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 8:03 AM Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Previous boat didn’t have a chart plotter. We used OpenCPN with a waterproof, daylight readable tablet at the helm, connected via WiFi to the hardwired pc at the nav station. The NMEA bus, AIS, Radar, and autopilot were connected and viewable. We also could download animated GRIB files on the chart. We controlled the autopilot with routes. Using TeamViewer as the connecting app, we could see the screens on any device, android, Apple, or windows. With OpenCPN’s most recent update, allowing split screen, and a refined control menu, it rivals pretty much any chartplotter.

On Oct 19, 2019, at 2:06 AM, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

I use Navionics – better than my chart plotter.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98