Re: Back up tablet navigation aid

Mark Erdos

Hi Paul,

We have been turned onto iSailor by other cruisers who use it. I downloaded the app and charts. It really works well. One of the very appealing features is you “rent” the charts rather than buy them at full price. The price of the rental averages about US$30 for a year and charts are automatically updated when newer versions become available.

http://www.isailor.us/

We use iSailor only as a secondary system to our main onboard ships custom PC running Nobeltec Time Zero: https://mytimezero.com/

We have used Nobeltec TZ  as our primary source for navigation since purchasing Cream Puff. We upgraded the ships PC to a solid-state computer custom built for us by Island Time PC and linked the PC to the NMEA 0183. Other aspects include integrated ActiveCaptain and AIS. In addition to a very comprehensive routing engine we have the ability to download weather and sea conditions while in-route using our sat-phone. This overlays onto the plotter and the routing engine will adjust the suggested course as necessary.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us