Have I lost the bow thruster prop ?

Nicolas Klene

Hello everybody

Today was my first sea trial to ferry SM471 to it's new home , and before exiting the rather large and peaceful port of "Le Frioul",
I thought I would be a good idea to pratice a few strait  line in reverse using the bow thruster in burst of 6 to 8 sec (rather then 2 or 3 sec ??) when needed.The wind was 15~20 KTS  gusting 30 .
After 20 good minutes of practice ,actionning the bow thruster control was no longer moving the bow ,but we could hear the motor running !!
Any thoughts, short of diving under without a wetsuit ?
Thanks
Nick
SM471