Re: Ground strap in bilge

Thomas Peacock

Cannot argue with the logic. We are fortunate, our strap seems to be pretty intact. But fashioning a copper connector by hammering a pipe has also been suggested, which seems easy enough.

When are you going down?

On Oct 20, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Mike Ondra via Groups.Io <mdondra@...> wrote:

A most interesting observation. Your thoughts?

On Oct 20, 2019, at 8:43 AM, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Randall why do you not do it in 316 stainless Steel? We had a workshop done it for us reccon it will last many years. Yes I heard the argument SS is a poor conductor and yes it is, but the current going in the strap are milli amps,so not importan,  And it is connected to the SS Keelbolts!
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259 Lagos