Re: Back up tablet navigation aid

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi Mark,

Not sure how this thread got mixed up as I did not ask the original question, that was Rob Hughes.

You have raised an interesting point about routing software. This is something I know nothing about and am certainly interested in getting. My chart plotter is Furuno, and I use Navionics on IOS. Any suggestions for compatible routing software?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Erdos
Sent: 19 October 2019 21:15
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Back up tablet navigation aid

Hi Paul,

We have been turned onto iSailor by other cruisers who use it. I downloaded the app and charts. It really works well. One of the very appealing features is you “rent” the charts rather than buy them at full price. The price of the rental averages about US$30 for a year and charts are automatically updated when newer versions become available.

http://www.isailor.us/

We use iSailor only as a secondary system to our main onboard ships custom PC running Nobeltec Time Zero: https://mytimezero.com/

We have used Nobeltec TZ  as our primary source for navigation since purchasing Cream Puff. We upgraded the ships PC to a solid-state computer custom built for us by Island Time PC and linked the PC to the NMEA 0183. Other aspects include integrated ActiveCaptain and AIS. In addition to a very comprehensive routing engine we have the ability to download weather and sea conditions while in-route using our sat-phone. This overlays onto the plotter and the routing engine will adjust the suggested course as necessary.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rob Hughes via Groups.Io
Sent: 18 October 2019 23:36
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Back up tablet navigation aid

I just bought a new ios tablet to use as a secondary plotter. What programs are you using?  and what to stay away from. sailing the Bahamas and Caribbean.  

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.