Re: Back up tablet navigation aid

Joerg Esdorn

I have Furuno Tz as the main system using C map charts. I do all routing on a laptop Interfaced with the Furuno and running the same charts.  I’ve come to appreciate Navionics app and charts on my iPad because it often provides additional detail on anchorages.  But cmap charts are sometimes more accurate as well.  So bottom line is: two separate systems is a good idea.  I like Navionics generally but any app on a tablet is no match for a real computer when you want to build a route. For serious weather routing you will need a laptop anyways.