Re: Onan MDKD 6.5kW genset exhaust elbow

Paul Osterberg

My Onan exhaust manifold looked as on the picture above, blocked with carbon. I cleaned it in place on the Onan a rather uncomfortable tasks. Is there any benefit to remove the manifold? do one get access to the interior to clean out more carbon deposit? Or does it only give a lot of job to remove it looks a bit corroded? first time I loosen the elbow,, one of the bolts holding it broke of and I had some job to get it out, do not fancy that kind of job very much
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 Lagos, Portugal