Re: Onan MDKD 6.5kW genset exhaust elbow

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Hello Mark,

Please note on NIKIMAT was the Onan MDKAL

I don’t know if there is a difference with the MDKD mentioned.

I would check the part number.

On the MDKAL the exhaust mixing elbow was part: PN 155-3261-02 (E086) and I paid $475 for my spare

http://nikimat.com/spare_parts_ONAN_MDKAL_B_Specs_12_volt.html

(scroll, almost at the bottom).

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Monday, October 21, 2019, 06:32:02 PM UTC, Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:

Karen,

I stand corrected!  It looks like that there is a small water jacket in the Onan Exhaust elbow after all.  Here is a picture that I found looking down the the back side of one on Alex from Nikimat's website:

http://www.nikimat.com/parts_for_sale/onan_155_3261_02_mixer_elbow_exhaust_manifold.html

It is a relatively simple part to fabricate. I will take mine off after we winterize the boat in the next few weeks and have a closer look at making a replacement from 316 Stainless.

Mark
--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara