From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Gary Silver via Groups.Io <garysilver@...>
Sent: 21 October 2019 13:19
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Outhaul on Supermaramu

Ian and Judy:

As to the elongating of the holes in the boom mounting plate.  This occurs due to the torque that is applied to those mounting holes each time the out-haul is used.  Originally Amel fitted rubber grommets around the mounting bolts to prevent contact between the mounting bolts and the aluminum  (for corrosion protection, shock mounting, and to prevent mounting plate wear).  Those soon deteriorate but are readily available for replacement.  If you notice your out-haul assembly moving back and forth with activation of the outhaul (in either direction) it is probably time to replace the rubber grommets.  I don't recall the size off hand, but the specifications take into account the thickness of the "groove" to match the mounting plate, the ID for the bolt and the "groove" diameter for the mounting plate.

Gary S. Silver, M.D.
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335