You are correct. Jabsco changed the base part. I think the change was about 1998.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 3:58 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Kent and Iris,

Thank you. I will look at that bolt.

 Interestingly ( annoyingly--as a replacement for  your base seems available) I appear to have a slightly different base from that which you show, although our boats are not far apart  ( 243 and 302)

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Kilada, Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: 21 October 2019 22:53
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Electric heads on Supermaramu

I had the same problem Ian.  I did a “temporary” fix with a piece of 1/2” Starboard shaped to span the holes where the break is.  To complicate matters further, one of the bolts was seized to the mild steel backing plate and I broke the head off trying to get it out.  The backing plate is quite a bit below the surface, and drilling it out left a hole that was impossible to rethread.  I used a Mr Toggle bolt which leaves a reusable female thread below the old backing plate.  It has held up beautifully for ~4 years...we’ll, maybe not aesthetically, but pretty is as pretty does.

Kent & Iris
Kristy SM 243
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Oct 21, 2019, at 12:55 PM, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Mark
Well I have not yet bought the new head just decided, that is probably the best option. The reason for the inspection hatch was to get access to the bolt heads below the surface as one of the holes was "enlarged" and had no thread. But to no good for this time as the hole to fasten the head was down into a hollow beam so no access, but next time it will be easy to attache the new head with the hatch in place.
Paul