Do you know what the ID is for the hydraulic hose in order to use the field serviceable / re-usable fittings?
There are quite a few different specs for hydraulic hose, but I assume it is the single steel wire reinforcement (SAE 100R1) spec.

-James

On Oct 23, 2019, at 10:05 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

The fittings are meant to be reused. I just find them to be a pain, you also need a cap or an elbow, jic to do it.
Attached are instructions.
Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Cromie via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:27 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Desalinator high pressure hose and fittings

Perhaps there is no need to have new fittings, since it is the hose that needs to be replaced at 5 year intervals, more or less.  Is it quite simple to re-use the old fittings on new hydraulic hose?

Thanks,
James
On Oct 23, 2019, at 9:22 PM, James Cromie via Groups.Io <jamescromie@...> wrote:

Good evening everyone.
I have a Dessalator 160L/hr, and I'd like to order a spare set of high pressure hoses with fittings.
Online, I am finding these to be quite expensive with stainless steel JIC fittings.
Can anyone direct me to a good vendor for these (with fittings? )

You can contact me directly at jamescromie 'at' yahoo 'dot' com in order to avoid posting any commercial information (not sure if that is against the forum rules)...

Many Thanks
James Cromie
SV Soteria SM2K 347
Aruba