Re: Yanmar Diesel Won't Stay Running

John Clark

My first thought is also fuel supply.  One time we started our engine with the fuel shut off valve closed...she ran perfect then just quit.  I can see the engine pulling a vacuum on the fuel line stalling ...then as the vacuum leaks off being able to restart.

Now my second thought is based on you saying it was a new engine.   Does the engine have any automatic shutdown features like the genset?  Recall the genset has a host of conditions that will cause the machine to shutdown.  Just owndering if the new engine presumably with a computer is doing something on it's own.

John
SV Annie SM37
Brunswick GA

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 11:58 AM Mark Garver via Groups.Io <mgarver=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Mark,

Unfortunately not. But I think I can put a hose in the bottom of the tank and pump some out to see. At least that is the current plan as well as ensuring the filter is clean.

Thanks,

Mark
S/V It's Good
SM #105

On October 24, 2019 at 10:30 AM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Mark,

You have a fuel problem. Do you have a filtration system that allows you to check for water?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

http://www.creampuff.us