Re: seals orientation

Edited

Hello José,
While on the subject of seal orientation, some time ago (maybe 2-3 years?), you installed your prop shaft seals in a different orientation than the "Amel way".  I recall you had the three seals, from front to back (first to last when installing) with the first two facing out (open side toward the sea) and the last one facing in (open side toward oil). Your logic was great - that we're trying to keep water out and so have the maximum protection of the first two do just that, with any oil seepage giving lubrication and the outer seal stopping oil from escaping to sea.

How has that worked out - is your oil still pristine?

Great timing on getting out of a chilly Boston!
Best regards, Craig