Re: Yanmar Diesel Won't Stay Running

typo: should have been "normally open electromagnetic valve"

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 5:39 PM CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been following this thread. While I agree that it is a fuel issue, don't forget about the normally closed electromagnetic fuel cutoff valve. Maybe you have a poor connection with the off button, relay, or cutoff valve.

Good luck. 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019, 5:22 PM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Mark,

Sorry not on the boat right now but I seem to remember on the Yanmar the fuel filter has a drain on the bottom. You could sample your diesel from there and put it into a glass container. Let it sit and look for separation.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Garver via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:57 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Yanmar Diesel Won't Stay Running

Mark,

Unfortunately not. But I think I can put a hose in the bottom of the tank and pump some out to see. At least that is the current plan as well as ensuring the filter is clean.

Thanks,

Mark

S/V It's Good

SM #105

On October 24, 2019 at 10:30 AM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Mark,

You have a fuel problem. Do you have a filtration system that allows you to check for water?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

http://www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Garver via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:37 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Yanmar Diesel Won't Stay Running

It's been several months since my wife and I left our boat up in the Chesapeake and upon arrival today to have it hauled for a long over due cleaning. The Yanmar diesel fired right up, but then after a couple of minutes dies. Wait a couple of minutes and it fires right up again, runs for a couple of minutes and shuts off. It runs smoothly and fires up instantly so it doesn't sound like she's starving for fuel or air. The engine only has 30 hours and has be very reliable.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

S/V It's Good

SM #105

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.