Re: Yanmar Diesel Won't Stay Running

typo: should have been "normally open electromagnetic valve"

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 5:39 PM CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been following this thread. While I agree that it is a fuel issue, don't forget about the normally closed electromagnetic fuel cutoff valve. Maybe you have a poor connection with the off button, relay, or cutoff valve.

Good luck.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019, 5:22 PM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Mark,

Sorry not on the boat right now but I seem to remember on the Yanmar the fuel filter has a drain on the bottom. You could sample your diesel from there and put it into a glass container. Let it sit and look for separation.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us