Re: Remote two way valve for flushing the water maker

David Wallace

Paul, I bought two ss 12v solenoid water valves on eBay, one normally open, one normally closed. If I remember correctly they were about $50 each. Unpowered feeds saltwater to the RO, powered feeds freshwater from the tank. Ran wires to the companionway area with a single switch. The switch is wired through the RO on/off power switch so the solenoids can’t be switched unless the system is running. It’s worked well for 9 years now.

Dave Wallace
s/v Air Ops
Maramu #104

On Oct 24, 2019, at 1:14 PM, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

I found this two way valve to make it possible to flush the water maker without going down to the engine room. A bit expensive 450 €. anyone know a cheaper solution.  Yrs I know open the hatch and go down the engine room is a cheaper solution but I'm looking for a remote controlled way to flush the water-maker

Paul SY Kerpa SM#259 Lagos <2 way valve.PNG>